Youngstown's BEST Hotel? DoubleTree Downtown Review!

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

Youngstown's BEST Hotel? DoubleTree Downtown Review!

Youngstown's Best Kept Secret? A Tell-All Review of the DoubleTree Downtown (Brace Yourself!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea, the coffee, and maybe even a little bit of the complimentary shampoo on my experience at the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter reviews. This is real talk, folks, the good, the bad, and the slightly-stained-with-coffee truth!

First Impressions (and Curb Appeal - Let's Be Honest)

The DoubleTree. It's… well, it is downtown. You’re not gonna get sweeping panoramic views of the Pacific. But let's be real, arriving in Youngstown, you're not expecting the Four Seasons. What IS important is the vibe. And the lobby? It's surprisingly warm and inviting. Think comfortable couches, friendly staff, and that signature DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie that you know is gonna tempt you at check-in. (Score one for those little, perfect, warm cookies!)

Accessibility - Because Everyone Deserves a Good Stay:

Okay, major brownie points here. The DoubleTree gets it. Wheelchair accessibility is phenomenal. Ramps, elevators to everywhere, accessible rooms – they've thought of it all. The lobby, restaurants, everything. They truly prioritize making sure everyone can navigate the space comfortably. (Major win for inclusivity! Bravo!)

Rooms - My Sanctuary or… Meh?

Alright, let's get real. The room itself? Pretty standard. Clean, comfortable, and offering everything you need. Air conditioning that actually works (hallelujah!), a decent-sized desk to work from (because let's be honest, we're all always working), and a comfy bed that almost made me miss my own. (Almost. But not quite!)

Crucially, Wi-Fi is FREE in every room! Because, you know, the internet is kind of important these days. And because I value my sanity, having complimentary tea and coffee is a must too!

What I loved? The blackout curtains. Seriously, they’re a lifesaver. I'm a light sleeper, and these babies kept the outside world's glare away so I could sleep in to my hearts content! Another big bonus? The extra long bed!

A Few Room Imperfections…

It wasn't perfect. The decor felt a little, let's say, functional rather than fabulous, and the bathroom, while clean, could have used a bit of a refresh. And I'll admit, the view from my window was directly into another building. But hey, I wasn't there to stare out the window all day.

Cleanliness and Safety - Feeling Secure (and Germ-Free!)

The COVID-19 precautions are impressive. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff in masks, and a general feeling that they're taking things seriously. They have anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms are sanitized between stays. And the staff? Trained to handle everything in a calm an reassuring manner. I felt safe and relaxed!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Food, Glorious Food!

The DoubleTree offers options. Let's start with the breakfast buffet. It's solid. Omelets made to order, bacon crispy, and a decent selection of pastries. But for me it was a bit too ordinary - I like my food extra special! (Sorry, DoubleTree! This is a personal thing!)

There's also a restaurant and a bar on site. The bar is perfect for unwinding after a long day, and they have a nice selection of drinks. One evening, I decided to indulge! I ordered a burger, and to be frank, it was a little undercooked for me, causing me to send it back for some extra cooking, but the staff were perfectly accommodating.

On-Site Amenities - Ways to Relax (or Work Up a Sweat!)

Let's be honest, the fitness center isn't the most extensive gym I've ever seen, but it's got the basics. Cardio machines, weights – you can get a decent workout in.

After my workouts, and most of the time actually, I liked to relax at the spa/sauna. It was a real treat, and I left feeling extra relaxed and rejuvenated.

The pool with a view is another perk!

Services and Conveniences - Everything You Need (and Some You Didn't Know You Did!)

This hotel practically spoils you with convenience! They've thought of everything. Daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, luggage storage, and even cash withdrawal. I also liked the convenience store.

The concierge was incredibly helpful, offering recommendations for things to do in Youngstown and assisting with reservations.

Getting Around – Getting You Where You Need To Be:

Free on-site parking is a huge plus.Airport transfer is another service that makes it easy to get around and makes the stay more enjoyable.

Downsides… Let's Be Honest

Okay, no place is perfect. As I said before, the decor is functional and not overly inspiring. The breakfast, while good, wasn't the most exciting I've experienced.

Overall Verdict: Should You Stay Here? YES!

Look, the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown isn't the Ritz-Carlton. But it is a solid, reliable, and comfortable option. It's clean, the staff is friendly, the amenities are good, and the accessibility is top-notch. It’s the kind of place that genuinely cares about making your stay pleasant.

My Final Thoughts:

The DoubleTree Downtown is a hidden gem. If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and accessible place to stay in Youngstown, look no further.

Now for the Pitch, My Friends!

Tired of bland hotel stays? Craving a true Youngstown experience?

Book your stay at the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown TODAY!

Here’s what makes us the BEST hotel in Youngstown:

  • Perfect Location: Right in the heart of downtown, near all the action.
  • Unbeatable Accessibility: We welcome everyone!
  • Comfortable Rooms: All with FREE Wi-Fi and comfy beds.
  • Delicious Dining: From breakfast to late-night snacks, we've got you covered.
  • Relaxation and Recreation: Spa, sauna, a nice breakfast, and fitness center on-site.
  • Friendly and Attentive Staff: We go above and beyond to make your stay exceptional.
  • Safety First: Following the best COVID-19 protocols and health measures.

But wait, there's more!

Book your stay within the next 24 hours and receive:

  • A complimentary late check-out.
  • A discount on one spa treatment.
  • A gift certificate for a welcome drink from the bar.

Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to experience the BEST of Youngstown!

Click the link below to book your stay NOW! [Insert booking link here]

#DoubleTreeYoungstown #YoungstownHotel #OhioTravel #AccessibleTravel #HotelReview #MustStay #BookNow #ComfortAndValue

Escape to Paradise: Koh Larn's Sun-Kissed Beaches (Pattaya)

Book Now

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups! You're about to get the real Youngstown, baby. No airbrushed brochures here. This is ME in a DoubleTree, in the middle of Ohio, a place that’s… well, let’s just say it’s got character. Here goes the itinerary, or at least my attempt at one. Don't judge, I'm running on coffee and the faint promise of a decent chocolate chip cookie from the front desk.

Day 1: Arrival and… Anticipation (lots of it)

  • 3:00 PM: Touchdown in Youngstown! Flight was… uneventful. Which, honestly, is a win in my book. Taxi to the DoubleTree Downtown. Already a bit of an adventure, the driver kept talking about how Youngstown used to be the shizzle back in the day. Apparently, the steel industry was where it's at, but things have… changed. I got the "it's what it is" vibe from him. Honestly, I'm here for the history, the grit, the… hopefully, some good food.

  • 3:30 PM: Check-in. DoubleTree cookie time! Okay, the cookie's warm, gooey… a little slice of heaven. (Yes, I'm easily pleased.) The lobby is… nice. Kinda sterile, but nice. I'm hoping the rooms are alright. I did read a review that mentioned a leaky faucet, and I'm praying to the hotel gods for a non-leaky situation.

  • 4:00 PM: Room check. Ugh. The faucet’s fine, thank heavens, but the view? Directly into another building. A brick one. Well, there goes my hopes of a picturesque sunset. Okay, focus. Positive thoughts. At least I can't see into anyone's apartment.

  • 4:30 PM: Initial exploration! I'm just wandering. Walking around the downtown area to get a feel for the place. It's… quiet. Seriously quiet. Not dead quiet, you know? More like… "contemplating its next move" quiet. I see a faded mural of a steel worker. He looks… determined. I'm determined to find a decent coffee shop.

  • 5:30 PM: Coffee success! A small, local place called "The Mocha House". Score! The barista is friendly, the coffee is strong, and they have a bookshelf with random, well-loved books. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic. Maybe this Youngstown thing… might be alright.

  • 6:30 PM: Dinner… Decision Paralysis. Seriously. I've googled restaurants. The reviews are… mixed. So I ended up wandering aimlessly, and ended up getting a burger at some random place on the corner. It was… fine. Edible is the highest praise, I guess.

  • 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel to plan tomorrow. Which is to say, procrastinate and watch some truly terrible TV. The local cable channels are… a treasure. Just not a treasure I want to spend hours delving into.

Day 2: History, Hunger, and… A Surprising Twist!

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel, which is… the standard buffet fare. The eggs are questionable, but the bacon is crispy. Win! Fueling up for the day. Today’s theme: History. Or at least, the vague idea of it.

  • 10:00 AM: The Arms Family Museum of Local History. I was expecting… dust. And maybe some taxidermied squirrels. (I'm not sure why I thought that, but I did.) Nope! This place is actually pretty fascinating. It's got some cool artifacts, like old steel mill equipment and vintage toys. There's even a section about the mafia's influence on the city, which is… well, interesting. The docent was VERY enthusiastic. I'm thinking she's very lonely.

  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Okay, I'm hungry. Like, hangry hungry. I'm back to the Google reviews. Found a place called "Porkey's BBQ". It's a bit out of the way, but the reviews are ravin'.

  • 12:30 PM: Driving! The GPS takes me on this route that seems highly suspect, past some pretty rough-looking areas. I'm starting to question my life choices. Am I lost? Is my car gonna get stolen? Am I being lured to my doom by the promise of pulled pork?

  • 1:00 PM: Porkey's BBQ. And… it's worth it. The pulled pork is smoky, the coleslaw is creamy, the mac and cheese… I'm not even going to try to be healthy. This is comfort food heaven. The people there are friendly, and my doom fears are gone.

  • 2:30 PM: Trying to find a nice park or something for a stroll. After overeating, I must walk it off. Instead, I went back to the hotel to nap. I'll get around to it. I promise.

  • 4:00 PM: Okay, now for the twist. I'm back at the hotel, browsing some local event listings, and stumble across a… roller derby match! Yes, you read that right. In Youngstown. I am so going.

  • 6:00 PM: Roller Derby Time! Whoa. This is… intense. Skaters zipping around, hitting each other, yelling, cheering… the energy is electric. The crowd is awesome. There's even a halftime show involving a pizza-eating contest. This is not what I expected from Youngstown. It's pure, unadulterated fun. I'm screaming, I'm laughing, I've never seen anything like it in my life.

  • 8:00 PM: Dinner after the roller derby. Found a little Italian place that was open late, and I’m talking to the locals. The derby girls were there, too! We all cheered, the food was decent, and the conversation flowed easily. I'm starting to feel a strange affection for this place.

  • 9:30 PM: Back at the hotel. Exhausted in the best possible way. Drinking wine and wondering if I should get a Youngstown tattoo, in case I forget how amazing the roller derby was.

Day 3: Reflections and Departure (with a Chocolate Chip Cookie)

  • 9:00 AM: Another questionable breakfast buffet. The coffee is keeping me going. I'm starting to see the world in a new light. Or maybe it's just the roller derby?

  • 10:00 AM: One last wander through downtown. I see that determined steel worker mural again. I give a nod of respect.

  • 11:00 AM: Check-out. Asking if there is another chocolate chip cookie on the way out and there IS!

  • 11:30 AM: Taxi back to the airport. Saying goodbye to Youngstown.

  • 1:00 PM: Flight.

So, that’s it. My Youngstown adventure. It wasn't perfect. It was messy at times. The food was hit or miss. But it was… real. And I’ll be honest… I wouldn’t trade it for anything. This is a memory I'll carry in my heart forever, and I've got a feeling, this won't be my last time in Youngstown.

Jaisalmer's Royal Escape: The Jaisan Palace Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United StatesOkay, buckle up, buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown. Forget the perfectly polished brochure - this is *real* talk. And trust me, I've got *opinions*.

Alright, spill the beans: Is the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown actually...good? Honestly?

Good? Oh, that's a loaded question, friend. It's... *Youngstown*. Let's just say it's a solid contender depending on your expectations. Look, it's not the Ritz, and it doesn’t pretend to be. But it's *there*. And sometimes, just *being there* in downtown Youngstown is half the battle, am I right? For a weekend getaway with the spouse? Maybe. Solo mission to escape the kids? Getting warmer. Trying to impress a potential business partner? Depends. And you *know* it depends on the vibe of the hotel! Does it feel like a place you can relax? More on that later...

The cookies. Everyone raves about those DoubleTree cookies. Are they worth the hype? THE TRUTH.

Okay, okay, the cookies. THE cookies. The legendary, warm, gooey cookies. I'm going to level with you: YES. They're worth the hype. Absolutely. You walk in, exhausted from... well, whatever Youngstown brings, and BAM! Cookie. Pure, unadulterated sugary bliss. It's like a hug from the hotel itself. (And honestly, you might *need* a hug after driving through some of these streets.) I once saw a guy hoard them. Like, strategically stashed them in his suitcase. I can't blame him. Don't get your hopes *too* high, though. It's still a cookie and not Michelin-Starred.

What about the rooms? Are they, you know, clean? And not...creepy?

Okay, deep breaths. Cleanliness is *crucial*. I've stayed in places where I swore I could feel the dust bunnies judging me. The DoubleTree rooms are generally... acceptable. Better than some, not as good as others. I've had rooms that were pristine and rooms that felt a *little* like they needed a heavy-duty sanitizing. Honestly? I usually bring my own sanitizing wipes. It's a habit. The decor is... dated. Think "business casual circa 2005." But hey, at least the beds are usually comfy. And the AC works! *That's* a win, especially in the summer. One time, though... One time, the shower head was practically falling off the wall. I could have fixed it, but I just *couldn't*. It was a symbol of the universe's desire to make things difficult. The creepiness factor? Well, it's downtown Youngstown. Let's just say lock your door! And bring a nightlight!

The location. Is it actually *in* downtown? And is downtown Youngstown even, you know, *safe*?

Yes, it's *in* downtown. Right there. Which is awesome if you're visiting for a show at the Covelli Centre or have business at the courthouse. It's convenient! But "safe"? Ah, that's the million-dollar question. Daytime is generally fine. But at night? Use common sense. Stick to well-lit areas. Don't wander around alone. Be aware of your surroundings. I wouldn't say it's *dangerous*, but it's also not exactly vibrant. You might see some interesting characters. Just keep your wits about you. And maybe don't flash a wad of cash. (Pro tip: Walk to the Covelli Centre. Easy peasy.)

What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Free breakfast? (Don't leave me hanging!)

Okay, let's see... Pool? Yep, they usually have one. Sometimes it's open, sometimes it's not. Always check the hours. Gym? A small one, usually with a treadmill, a couple of weights, and the faint scent of regret. Free breakfast? Ah, the holy grail. Yes, they typically offer a continental breakfast. It’s… well, it's breakfast. Don’t expect a gourmet spread. Think: continental staples, with maybe a waffle maker if you're lucky. The one thing that always gets me is the quality of the coffee. Look, it’s not world-class coffee, but sometimes a bad cup is better than no cup. And after a night in Youngstown, you're gonna need the caffeine, let me tell you!

Let me get specific! Parking? Is it a nightmare? Seriously, I hate parking.

Parking… Ah, the bane of every traveler's existence. The DoubleTree *usually* has parking. It's either a lot right next to the hotel or a garage, sometimes. Check beforehand. Sometimes it's free, sometimes you pay. Don't get caught in the spiral! It's downtown, not all is free. I once spent 20 minutes circling the block, searching for a space, almost gave up, and then *finally* found one. Only to have to feed the meter every hour. Seriously, it's enough to make you lose your mind. Be patient, and, if you can, Uber?

The staff? Are they helpful or... well, you know.

The staff. Ah, here's where things get *interesting*. Generally, the staff is friendly. But like with everything else at this hotel, it's a mixed bag. You might get the super-helpful, proactive kind, someone who bends over backwards to make your stay pleasant. Or you might get someone who seems... less enthusiastic. It's Youngstown. The staff is not always local. But it's not the end of the world. Overall, they mean well. Don’t be afraid to be nice; a smile goes a long way. Maybe they're having a bad day.

Okay, let's say I *have* to stay there. Any tips to make it easier?

* **Bring your own cleaning supplies.** Seriously. Peace of mind. * **Check parking situation and prices before you go.** Don't let it sneak up on you. * **Set realistic expectations.** This isn't the Four Seasons. * **Embrace the quirks.** They're part of the charm. * **Ask for a room away from the elevator.** Trust me on this one; they're often noisy! * **Download a good audiobook.** Especially if its a rainy Saturday Night. * **Remember the cookies.** That's the silver lining!

Would you *recommend* the DoubleTree Downtown Youngstown? The final verdict!

Hotel Safari

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown Downtown Youngstown (OH) United States