Unbelievable Ramada Pyeongchang: Your Dream Korean Getaway Awaits!

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Unbelievable Ramada Pyeongchang: Your Dream Korean Getaway Awaits!

Unbelievable Ramada Pyeongchang: My Korean Dream Getaway - Or Did I Just Dream It? (A Rambling Review)

Okay, buckle up, because I'm about to unload on you my experience at the Ramada Pyeongchang. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews, this is the REAL DEAL. This ain't just about ticking boxes, this is about feeling…and sometimes, wanting to run screaming from a perfectly good lobby. (More on that later, trust me.)

Accessibility: The Good, The Okay, and the "Hope You Brought Your Marathon Shoes!"

First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and the Ramada gets a mixed bag here. They've made an effort, bless their little cotton socks. Wheelchair accessible areas are present, which is fantastic. The elevator? Yep. Getting to the elevator from your room? Well, that depends. Some corridors were spacious, others felt like squeezing through a hallway in a particularly poorly-planned IKEA. My room was thankfully easy to get around, though. They've got facilities for disabled guests, but I'd recommend calling ahead and REALLY clarifying what you need. Don't assume. Assume nothing. Assume you might need an extra pair of shoes for the trek to the restaurant.

Rooms: Clean and Comfy… Mostly.

Let's talk rooms. They're generally non-smoking, which is a huge win in my book. They've got air conditioning, a godsend in the Korean summer. Plus, the whole "Ramada" thing promises a certain level of expected quality. My room had a desk that actually worked (score!), Wi-Fi [free] (Hallelujah!), and a coffee/tea maker. Now, about that coffee/tea maker: it was, shall we say, temperamental. One day it brewed the nectar of the gods, the next it spat out lukewarm water and a faint hint of disappointment. The hair dryer worked. Small mercies. The blackout curtains? Absolutely crucial for sleeping off the effects of the…ahem…various amenities on offer. They also had a mini bar, stocked with the usual temptations, which I, of course, avoided because, you know, self-control.

Amenities: So. Much. Stuff. (Did I Miss Anything?)

Good lord, where do I even begin? The Ramada Pyeongchang is an amenity factory!

  • The Spa & Relaxation Zone: Okay, the spa. I spent an hour in the sauna and felt like a new human. They have all the typical stuff like massage, body wrap, body scrub, steamroom and even a foot bath, which I skipped (too much feet). There is a pool with a view, and I spent a shameful amount of time watching the mountains from the water, I really didn't want to leave!
  • Fitness and Fun: The Fitness center was better than what I have at home, and I have a gym membership!
  • Swimming: They have a swimming pool [outdoor] and swimming pool that are great for chilling or getting in some laps.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly Fantastic)

The dining situation at the Ramada is a rollercoaster.

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was…intense. An Asian breakfast with all the classic Korean dishes alongside western options, like Western breakfast. This is the place to try all the new things. The coffee/tea in restaurant was good, but the coffee shop really was a win.
  • International flavors: There is International cuisine in restaurant, and they'll make things for you if you ask.
  • The Drink: The bar. And, as you would expect, the happy hour.
  • Other random stuff: Desserts in restaurant, salad in restaurant, soup in restaurant, and a snack bar. You can also get a la carte in restaurant or a buffet in restaurant.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Mostly

The Ramada really upped its game on the whole Cleanliness and safety thing. This is super important for me, and they seemed to have it nailed down. They had anti-viral cleaning products, and daily disinfection in common areas. Plus, the staff were all wearing masks and were properly trained in safety protocol, which is a real comfort.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

They go above and beyond, which means food delivery, concierge. Very cool: the cash withdrawal is convenient. Luggage storage is offered. Internet Access: They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and Internet everywhere.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy

You've got options. The airport transfer is super convenient. There's car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site].

For the Kids: Family Fun!

This place is definitely Family/child friendly. They have Babysitting service and Kids meal.

NOW, the Anecdote! (The Good, The Bad, The OMG)

Okay, so here's the thing. I booked a massage. I needed it. Because, you know, travel stress and all that. I arrived at the spa, and it was… tranquil. Too tranquil, almost. Like, someone had pumped the air full of lavender and whispered "relax" over and over. The massage itself? Wonderful. So much so, that I almost fell asleep. Almost. Until… (And this is where it gets weird.) …I heard a humming. A low, persistent, vaguely irritating humming. It got louder. Closer. I opened my eyes to find a small, robotic vacuum cleaner, merrily meandering around the spa, trying to eat my towel. Yes, you read that right. A robotic vacuum cleaner in the massage room. Instead of focusing on all the things, I spent a good 10 minutes trying not to laugh while the poor therapist looked on, mortified. I will never forget that.

The Imperfections:

Look, nothing's perfect. The language barrier was a little tricky sometimes. Some of the service felt a little…formulaic. And the spa robot was…well, it was a thing.

Overall Verdict: Definitely Worth It (With a Few Quirks)

Here's the bottom line: The Ramada Pyeongchang is a solid choice. It's got amazing amenities, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff, despite a few minor hiccups, were generally very helpful. The location is great, close to everything. It's clean, safe, and offers a wide array of activities to keep everyone entertained. And hey, you might even get a free show from a robot vacuum.

STOP READING…and BOOK YOUR GETAWAY!

Unbelievable Ramada Pyeongchang: Your Dream Korean Getaway Awaits!

Ready to Escape?

  • Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay at the Ramada Pyeongchang within the next 72 hours and receive a complimentary spa treatment, a free upgrade to a room with a mountain view (subject to availability), and a 10% discount on all dining experiences.
  • Unbeatable Value: With our extensive range of amenities, including a luxurious spa, a state-of-the-art fitness center, multiple dining options, and a stunning outdoor pool, you'll experience the ultimate Korean getaway without breaking the bank.
  • Safety First: Rest assured, we are committed to your safety and well-being. Our hotel adheres to strict hygiene protocols, including frequent sanitization, contactless check-in and check-out options, and staff trained in safety procedures.
  • Don't Miss Out! Experience the magic of Pyeongchang.
  • Click here and book your dream Korean vacation today! [Insert Link Here - I can't make an actual booking link!]

(P.S. If you see a rogue robotic vacuum cleaner, say hello for me.)

Slide Room Chonburi: Thailand's Hottest New Secret Party Spot!

Book Now

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-planned, Instagram-ready itinerary. This is my potential disaster/triumph in Pyeongchang, South Korea, centered around the Ramada Hotel & Suites. Prepare for the chaos!

Trip Title: Pyeongchang Pandemonium (and Pizza Dreams)

Duration: Five Days. (Lord, help me.)

Hotel Base Camp: Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang (Hopefully, it has decent coffee.)

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and Existential Ramen

  • Morning (Let's be honest, probably afternoon): Arrive at Incheon International Airport (ICN). The plane ride was… a thing. The tiny screen convinced me I should be a chef, and after that it was nothing but me trying to fall asleep in a position that didn't make my neck feel like a rusty hinge. Find the airport bus to Pyeongchang. Pray the bus isn't filled with screaming toddlers and the air conditioning isn't set to "Arctic Blast." (If the bus is comfy enough to sleep, I'm going for it.)

  • Late Afternoon: Finally, the Ramada! Check-in. Hopefully, the room isn't haunted. My luck, the sheets will be itchy and the window will view a parking lot. I'm already craving a beer. Explore the hotel. Find the gym (maybe, just maybe I'll actually use it), scope out the restaurant situation.

  • Evening: The real test. Dinner. My stomach is rumbling like a grumpy bear. I'm thinking ramen. Authentic, face-noodle ramen. Hopefully, I can figure out how to order. I'm prepared to embarrass myself. There are probably many looks I'll get, but I'm not afraid of a little "lost in translation." I'm also fully prepared to wander the dark streets of Pyeongchang, weeping because I can't find the open-air market I heard so much about.

  • Night: Collapse in bed. Pray for solid sleep. Pray I haven't forgotten my passport, and that the air conditioning works, and that I'll be able to drag myself out of bed in the morning.

Day 2: Ski Slopes, Sledding Shenanigans (and Soul-Crushing Humiliation)

  • Morning: Wake up and go to the buffet. If the coffee is gross, I'm going to be very grumpy. Head out to one of the nearby ski resorts. My ski skills peaked at the age of 12. I haven't strapped on skis since. Predict this: I'll be sliding like a newborn giraffe. I'll probably embarrass myself. Maybe I'll take a few amazing pictures before I fall.

  • Afternoon: After the slopes, I have to check if the snow is actually sleddable. I'm 35. There's a chance I'll regret this. If the snow isn't sleddable, I'll find a cozy cafe, and drink some coffee (unless the coffee is bad), or get a beer.

  • Evening: The hotel's possible dinner options. I'm thinking I'll venture out. I'll tell you I will. But I'm a lazy creature. Pizza is a strong possibility. The quest for good pizza begins tonight.

  • Night: Ice pack. I'm guessing I'll need it. Maybe, just maybe, if I'm feeling up to it, a quiet walk around the hotel. The crisp night air might do me good.

Day 3: Bizarre Breakfast, Picturesque Park, and Pizza Pursuit!

  • Morning: Breakfast at the hotel. I've got my eye on what's on offer. Weird Korean breakfast options, maybe? I'm open to it. Maybe. Definitely going to try at least one new thing, and maybe try again if I fail at it the first time.

  • Mid-morning: Explore the local park. Find some temples, take some pictures. Try to look like I'm not completely lost. I'm praying the park is beautiful. I want to see some color in the autumn leaves or the spring flowers I'm going to imagine I'm seeing.

  • Afternoon: The Pizza Quest Continues. I'll ask at the front desk, or wander into a local place. This is my spiritual need. I require good, cheesy, tomato-ey pizza. Find pizza. Eat pizza. Be happy.

  • Evening: Relax. Maybe a massage at the hotel spa (if they have one and if I can afford it). Read my book (the one I've been carrying around for years and haven't opened). Basically, anything that isn't moving.

  • Night: Stare at the ceiling. Think profound thoughts. Decide I want pizza.

Day 4: Culture Clash (and K-Drama Obsession)

  • Morning: A visit to a Korean folk village. The cultural experience is so important, they say. I might actually enjoy this! Fingers crossed. Try to learn a few basic Korean phrases. I am so ready to mess people up!

  • Afternoon: Return to the hotel. This morning really took it out of me. Time for some TV. K-Dramas, here I come! I'll start one and instantly be addicted. I'll spend some time trying to understand it, and then be completely lost.

  • Evening: Farewell dinner at a restaurant. Maybe I'll order something adventurous. Maybe I'll stick with pizza. There is no shame. Prepare to be very full.

  • Night: Pack. Stare at the pictures I took. Feel a little sad that it's over. Start plotting my return.

Day 5: Departure (and the Pizza Withdrawal)

  • Morning: Enjoy the last breakfast. Drink all the coffee. Stash a few pastries for the road (okay, maybe not, they'd probably make me sick).

  • Late Morning: Check out. Say goodbye to the nice people at the front desk.

  • Early Afternoon: Take the bus back to Incheon Airport (ICN). Reminisce about the pizza.

  • Afternoon: Fly home.

Random Thoughts and Potential Disasters:

  • The Language Barrier: I know approximately zero Korean. Prepare for charades, pointing, and a lot of smiling.
  • The Food: I'm a bit of a picky eater, but I'm trying to be brave. Kimchi might be my downfall. The spicy food will surely make me weep.
  • The Weather: Pray for sunshine! Or, at least, no blizzards.
  • The Hotel: I'm hoping the Ramada is nice. If not, well, I've got a sense of humor.
  • My Emotions: I'll probably feel everything from pure joy to abject terror.

In conclusion: This trip is going to be a mess. A wonderful, hilarious, pizza-filled mess. I can't wait! Or maybe I can. But I'm doing it anyway. Wish me luck! (And send pizza.)

Parisian Charm in Cornwall: The Coverack Hotel You NEED to See

Book Now

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Unbelievable Ramada Pyeongchang: Your Dream Korean Getaway - Seriously, Is It Dreamy? (Or More Like... a Pleasant Nap?)

Okay, so you’re thinking about the Ramada Pyeongchang. Smart choice, or… well, *a* choice. Let's break down whether it's dream-vacation material or just somewhere to crash after a long day on the slopes (or, you know, just existing in Korea). Prepare for some honest opinions and the occasional tangent.

1. Is the Ramada Pyeongchang actually *unbelievable*? Like, the name says... well, it says it's "unbelievable!"

Alright, let’s address the elephant (or maybe a particularly grumpy snow leopard) in the room: the name. "Unbelievable"? That's a bold claim. Honestly? It depends on your definition of "unbelievable." If “unbelievable” means "really, really good, but not quite mind-blowing," then yeah, maybe. If it means "I expect angels to serve me breakfast in bed with diamond-encrusted spoons," then… adjust your expectations, friend.

My personal experience? Well, it once *almost* was. I remember one morning. The sun was hitting just right on the snowy mountains outside my window. I was actually enjoying the coffee, and for a fleeting moment, I *thought* it might be. Then the coffee got cold, and I remembered I still hadn't mastered the art of Korean (embarrassing, I know after living near there for awhile, right?). So, not quite "unbelievable," but definitely pleasant. Still a good place though, especially with the new food court upgrade.

But let's be real, naming things is hard. I respect their ambition!

2. What are the rooms like? Because, you know, living conditions are important. Especially if you're planning a long stay.

The rooms? Generally, they're… fine. Seriously, "fine" is the word. Clean, comfortable enough, with a decent view (especially if you get a mountain-facing room - WORTH IT). Don't expect palatial suites, but you won't be sleeping in a glorified closet either. They're designed for practicality and rest, which in itself is great. And hey, the beds are comfortable, which is the most important thing.

I recall *one* time… I was there with a friend, and we got a slightly smaller room than expected. Honestly, we had a minor squabble about the size of the bathroom (who doesn't?!) but we got over it. We had the mountain-view room, and we spent the rest of the night laughing and eating ramen (which we somehow brought from our own apartment). That's what's important – good company.

Tip: Request a higher floor if you can. It's just a better view, trust me.

3. Is the food good? Because let's face it, sustenance is vital. And Korean food is a *big* deal.

Okay, the food. This is where the Ramada has been upgrading! The breakfast buffet... well, it USED to be a bit of a letdown, with the same things day after day. But the new upgrade is a huge improvement. There's a solid range of Korean classics. And pastries! I can't tell you how many times I went to get one of their pastries...and it was worth it.

Now, dinner options... can be a bit limited unless you leave the hotel. Honestly, the food court upgrade has some really good options. Outside of that, if you want to explore outside the hotel, there are a bunch of amazing restaurants nearby. So don't worry about being stuck with the same ol' thing night after night.

One time, I was so exhausted from snowboarding all day. I ordered room service, and there was a mix-up. They brought me a burger, which I didn't order. I was too tired to say anything, and… it was actually *amazing*. Maybe it's the exhaustion, maybe it was the burger, I don't know, but I'll always remember that burger. (Again, I should learn Korean...)

4. What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Do they have a spa where they can... well... massage away my snowboarding injuries?

The amenities are… pretty good. The pool is nice and clean, and the gym is basic but gets the job done. Nothing fancy, but again, functional. The spa… ah, the spa. It's a highlight, honestly. After a day on the slopes, that hot stone massage felt like heaven. It's not cheap, but *so* worth it for the aching muscles. They also have a sauna.

Funny Story: they have this one massage lady who's a real expert. I'm not kidding I think she could straighten out a pretzel. She's amazing. A real wizard. The first time I went, I was so sore from snowboarding all day that I almost cried from the pain (in a good way!). Later on, I went with my friend, who was completely terrified of massages. She ended up falling asleep halfway through and snoring loudly. It was hilarious. We definitely go there every time.

5. How close is it to the ski slopes? Because that's kind of the point, right?

Location, location, location! And the Ramada Pyeongchang has *nailed* it. It's seriously close to the ski slopes. Like, you can practically roll out of bed and onto the lift. Easy access to various ski resorts. That's the biggest draw, without a doubt. You can see the mountains from some rooms!

One thing about it: getting to the ski resorts is easy. The hotel has a shuttle (check the schedule!), but even without it, taxis are readily available. And even if you miss the shuttle, don't worry, taxis are readily available and relatively affordable. It makes everything so simple.

Getting there is the easy part. Actually *skiing*… well, that's another story for another FAQ.

6. Are there other things to do besides skiing? Because some of us… well, we fall a lot. And our bodies aren't young like they used to be.

Yes! Absolutely! While the skiing is the main event, Pyeongchang has a lot more to offer. Hiking trails abound. There's some beautiful scenery, trust me. There are some temples and cultural sites to explore. And of course, there's the food! (Did I mention the food?) The local markets are fun to browse, and you can find some amazing souvenirs. You can have fun no matter what you are into, that's what's great about this place.

One time I went, and it was so much fun. I visited some shops and got some stuff for presents and things. It was a great day. DefinitelyAround The World Hotels

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea

Ramada Hotel & Suites Gangwon Pyeongchang Pyeongchang-gun South Korea