Bangalore's BEST Kept Secret? City Plaza Madiwala Hotel!

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

Bangalore's BEST Kept Secret? City Plaza Madiwala Hotel!

Bangalore's BEST Kept Secret? City Plaza Madiwala Hotel! (My Totally Uncensored Review)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on City Plaza Madiwala. Forget the perfectly polished reviews, because this is the real deal. My experience, raw, unedited, and probably full of typos (sorry, not sorry!). This place is…interesting. And by interesting, I mean a delightful mishmash of surprisingly good and "huh, that’s unexpected!" – in the best way possible.

First Impressions: The Access-i-bility (or Lack Thereof… Mostly)

Let's be brutally honest, for a hotel that keeps promising the world, the access is definitely a mixed bag. The car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver in Bangalore’s parking jungle, but navigating the hotel itself…well, it's a bit of a workout. I didn't specifically need facilities for disabled guests, but I did notice the elevator (phew!), which is crucial. Walking around, however, felt like it could get a bit tricky. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property are reassuring though!

Cleanliness and Safety: The "Are We Really Safe?" Factor

Look, the world is a scary place right now. I wanted to feel safe, especially given the current… waves hands…situation. City Plaza Madiwala tries. They have the whole shebang: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer strategically placed (thank goodness!). And the Staff trained in safety protocol, which is ALWAYS comforting. My room definitely looked clean, but, (and this is just me being overly anxious), I’d have preferred a little more of the professional-grade sanitizing… you know, just to be sure. I didn't notice Room sanitization opt-out available, but if you’re the hyper-vigilant type, ask them! And hey, Rooms sanitized between stays is a big win.

The Room: From Basic to… Unexpectedly Good

I'm talking about the room, not the space shuttle! My non-smoking room was… well, it was a room. It had the basics, which is more than I can say for some so-called "luxury" hotels. The air conditioning was a lifesaver in the Bangalore heat. The free Wi-Fi (yes, Wi-Fi [free]!) was a godsend. I really appreciated the window that opens – letting some fresh air in is a luxury these days.

Here's where it gets interesting: the bathtub (or rather, the lack thereof) – gone. The shower, though? Perfectly functional. And the hair dryer was a lifesaver, it was a good one! The bed was comfy enough and had a reading light, which I needed for my book. The alarm clock was a must, and the air conditioning kept me cool for a nice sleep.

The bathrobes, nice touch! The slippers were a pleasant surprise too. The complimentary tea and coffee (aka coffee/tea maker) was GREAT. I mean, coffee first thing in the morning? Absolute necessity. The in-room safe box gave me peace of mind.

Internet Access: The Connection Conundrum

Okay, let's talk about the internet. Promised Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. Tick! It worked… sometimes. It wasn't always lightning-fast, but hey, it was free! The Internet access – wireless was the primary way to get online, so a little patience is needed. If you're a serious workaholic, or need reliable connectivity, maybe skip the Internet [LAN] and the wired connection.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Sometimes a Slightly Bumpy One)

The dining experience was… a rollercoaster. Let's start with the good: the Asian breakfast was pretty decent. The Breakfast [buffet] had a decent variety. I'm a sucker for a good coffee/tea in restaurant, and they delivered. There's a coffee shop, if that’s your thing. The Western breakfast was kind of hit or miss.

Then there's the room service [24-hour]. I tried it once. Let’s just say the food was… adequate. Not amazing, not terrible, just… there. The restaurants looked okay, but I mainly stayed in.

The Poolside bar, sadly, was closed at the time. The Snack bar was open, with a variety of options, so again, a hit.

Wellness and Recreation: Seeking Nirvana…or Just a Nap

The Fitness center was there, and looked… well, like a gym. Not saying if it had a treadmill, I wasn't going, and I'm not judging. The Swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting, and the prospect of a Pool with view made me happy.

Services and Conveniences: The "We'll Try Our Best" Department

The concierge seemed helpful. Daily housekeeping was efficient. The laundry service could have been better, but they tried their best. The elevator and air conditioning in public area are MUSTS.

My Emotional Breakdown: The Truth Bomb

Okay, here's the real talk. City Plaza Madiwala isn’t perfect. It has quirks. It's like that friend who's a little… different, but you secretly love them anyway. It has its flaws, but it also has a certain charm. And honestly, sometimes, that's more memorable than the sterile perfection of a soulless chain hotel.

One day, I went to the pool. There was a guy swimming laps, and some kids playing. I just sat there looking at the water. It was really nice, considering I could use some time getting away from work.

The Quirky Observations (Because You Need to Know)

  • The room decor is… eclectic. Let's just leave it at that.
  • The staff is friendly, though sometimes a bit overwhelmed.
  • The location is a little out of the way, but it’s quiet, which is nice.

The Verdict & My Persuasive Offer

So, is City Plaza Madiwala the "BEST Kept Secret"? Maybe. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something different.

My Totally Honest Offer:

Escape the Ordinary! Book Your Bangalore Adventure at City Plaza Madiwala and Get:

  • Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi in all rooms (cross your fingers!).
  • Complimentary Asian Breakfast that might just make you forget your worries.
  • Access to Our Sparkling Outdoor Pool for a refreshing dip after a long day.
  • 24/7 Room Service (for better or worse, you choose!)
  • A Room with a View (or at least, a window that opens!)
  • Special Offer: Get 15% off your stay, plus a free upgrade (subject to availability), if you book directly through our website and use the code "UNFILTEREDLOVE".

But Be Warned: This isn't a cookie-cutter experience. It's a bit of a gamble. Are you ready to embrace the delightful chaos? If you are, City Plaza Madiwala might just surprise you. Book your stay today and find out!

Oman's Hidden Gem: Sifah Ocean Breeze Villa Awaits!

Book Now

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a hot, humid, and potentially hilarious adventure at the legendary (and by legendary, I mean "booked because it was cheap") Hotel City Plaza Madiwala in Bangalore, India. My meticulously crafted itinerary? Forget about it. This is more of a "wing it and see what breaks" kind of deal.

Day 1: Arrival, Delusions of Grandeur, and the Unexpected Charm of a Bangalore Breakfast

  • 10:00 AM: Arrive at Bangalore Airport (BLR). After a 30-hour travel day with layovers, my brain feels like scrambled eggs. Thank God for that pre-booked airport transfer, or I'd probably be sleeping in a luggage carousel. The driver, bless his heart, kept trying to tell me about "the IT sector" while weaving us through what felt like a never-ending game of Frogger on the highway. Bangalore traffic is a whole experience.

  • 11:30 AM: Check into Hotel City Plaza. First impressions? Not exactly the Taj Mahal, but the air conditioning is blasting, and that's all that matters after the jet lag. The room? Let's just say the photos online were very flattering. But hey, clean sheets! And the view? A delightful panorama of…well, other buildings. No complaints.

  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. The hotel restaurant offered a buffet. My stomach gave me a warning that I'm about to eat questionable things, but it's lunch time! I was so famished after my flight. It was great! A bit spicy though.

  • 2:00 PM: This is where things get a little messy: A nap. Oh, glorious, glorious nap. I set an alarm, but let's be honest, the chances of me actually getting up are slim.

  • 4:00 PM: Wake up in a cold sweat, convinced I've slept through the apocalypse. Panic sets in. Then I realize it's just the afternoon and I have a whole city to explore.

  • 5:00 PM: Decide to hit up the nearby Madiwala Lake. Read reviews that it's a beautiful oasis. The reality? It's pretty, but also swarming with mosquitos. I brought bug spray, thankfully. I spent some time taking photos. It was pretty.

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a "local favorite" restaurant recommended by the hotel staff. It was a disaster. The food was bland, the service glacial, and the ambiance? Think fluorescent lighting and the sound of someone aggressively chewing their food. But hey, at least I'm experiencing "authenticity," right? (I'm still not convinced).

  • 9:00 PM: Retreat to the hotel room. Realize I forgot to buy bottled water. Curse my forgetfulness/jet lag-fueled brain. Decide to risk it and brush my teeth with tap water. Pray for no stomach problems.

Day 2: The Bangalore Hustle & Heartbreak (sort of)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of… everything. Honking, construction, and the cheerful chirping of birds who clearly don't understand the concept of sleeping in.

  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast here is pretty good. They have the usual Indian breakfast dishes, but also toast and cereal.

  • 9:00 AM: Attempt #1 to visit the Bangalore Palace. Get completely lost in the maze of streets. Bangalore is a city of contradictions! Finally, I find a taxi. It was great! I had a driver who was on time, which is a thing I never thought I'd say.

  • 10:00 AM: Bangalore Palace. The palace is gorgeous! I paid for a tour. The tour was good, I learned interesting facts.

  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cute cafe near the Palace. The food was okay, but the coffee was delicious! The decor was pretty and Instagrammable.

  • 1:00 PM: Shopping. This is where things got messy. I had this idea I'd find amazing deals on spices and souvenirs. The shops were crowded and people were very nice. The street food vendors were pushing their products.

  • 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel, exhausted and slightly over-stimulated with the chaotic brilliance of Bangalore.

  • 6:00 PM: Attempt to watch Netflix (after finally figuring out the hotel Wi-Fi situation). The internet kept cutting out, which sent me into a minor rage spiral. I may have yelled the words, "WHY, GOD, WHY?!" at my laptop.

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant. The food was good and the service was great.

  • 9:00 PM: I take a walk. It was a perfect night.

  • 10:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 3: Departure and the Persistent Smell of Curry

  • 8:00 AM: Last breakfast at the hotel. Honestly, I'm going to miss that simple breakfast. I might not miss Bangalore food, but I sure am going to miss the people!

  • 9:00 AM: Pack. Cringe at my packing skills.

  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Say goodbye to the relatively clean sheets.

  • 11:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. The driver is chatty again, mostly about cricket. I nod and smile because I have no idea what's going on.

  • 12:00 PM: Airport. Smell of spices and the lingering feeling that I've barely scratched the surface of this crazy, wonderful city.

  • 1:00 PM: Flight. Bye, Bangalore! I'll be back… eventually.

Escape to Paradise: Rustic Charm in Mumbai's Hidden Gem, Kalbadevi!

Book Now

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

Bangalore's BEST Kept (Slightly Grimy) Secret: City Plaza Madiwala Hotel - FAQs (And My Honest, Slightly Unhinged Thoughts)

Alright, let's get this straight. City Plaza Madiwala. That's the name that's been whispered in hushed tones, the one that's on the very edge of "scary but maybe awesome" territory. You're intrigued? Good. You should be. But brace yourself. I'm about to spill the unfiltered tea (and probably a few scattered crumbs of samosa) on my… complicated relationship with this Bangalore institution.

General Questions (That Actually Matter)

Q: Where *Exactly* is this "Secret" Hotel?

A: Madiwala. Duh. Just kidding (mostly). It's right smack-dab in the middle of the Madiwala chaos. Close to everything, far from peace and quiet. Prepare for a LOT of honking. Seriously, bring earplugs.

Q: What's the price range like? Is it actually "bargain basement?"

A: Bargain Basement? Oh, yes. Like, "I can't believe they don't charge more for a place this… centrally located" cheap. It’s one of those spots where you start to feel like you've stumbled upon a secret that's practically illegal. Which, frankly, adds to the charm. Expect to get a LOT more than you thought you would.

Q: What are the rooms *actually* like? Are they clean-ish because I'm neurotic

A: "Clean-ish" is the operative phrase here. Let's be honest, the hotel has seen some… things. And they’ve seen a LOT. But the beds are comfy, the AC usually works, and hey, they provide fresh towels. I’ve found the room actually clean once

Q: Is it safe? I'm (insert your level of paranoid here).

A: Well, as safe as any bustling Bangalore hotel. Security is present, but they're not, you know, paramilitary. I've never felt overtly threatened, but keep your wits about you. Bangalore is a city of a thousand faces; you gotta have your antenna up (and maybe a friend).

Q: What other places near by that you should visit?

A: There are a TON of things to do. Take the metro and visit the whole city. You have your choice of parks, restaurants, shopping centers, etc. The best part is that if you're stuck at a very crowded mall. At any moment you can go back to your hotel, and you don't have to deal with the constant noise.

The *Real* Deal: My Personal Tales of City Plaza

Q: What's the best one about being in this hotel?

A: Okay, buckle up. I've had some *experiences* here. Once, I walked into my room and it was filled with, and I am not kidding, *a family of monkeys*. Turns out they'd figured out how to open the window. The staff were surprisingly chill about it. They just shooed them away with a rolled-up newspaper and a "Happens sometimes, madam." It was surreal. It was Bangalore.

Q: So, Food? Is that a safe call?

A: The food... ah, the food. Let's just say it's consistently *interesting*. The restaurant downstairs is alright, and the complimentary breakfast is what you'd expect. Mostly some greasy parathas, and maybe some suspiciously-orange scrambled eggs. Sometimes they have idli. Other times, it's a gamble. Think of it as a culinary adventure. Bring your own stomach meds.

Q: What about the staff? Are those decent blokes?

A: The staff are, generally, lovely. They're not always the most efficient, but they're unfailingly polite and genuinely trying to help. There's a certain… *rustic* charm to the service. Don't expect room service to arrive in under an hour, but they’ll get you what you need. And that's what matters, right?

Q: What's the *Worst* Experience you've had!?

Oh, man. There was this one time. I swear every lightbulb in my room went out simultaneously. And then, the shower. The water pressure was so bad, it dribbled out. So, I had to go downstairs to tell the staff, to find the staff having their dinner, and I had to ask them for help. They helped. And then the lights went out again. That's the cost of business, I suppose. But it was something else.

Q: Would you go back though?

Absolutely. Despite the monkeys, the questionable breakfast eggs, the shower that might as well have been a leaky faucet, and the power outages... I would. There's a certain gritty, unapologetic charm to City Plaza. It's real. It's Bangalore. And sometimes, that's exactly what you need. Plus, that price? Unbeatable.

Hotel Search Tips

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India

The Hotel City Plaza Madiwala Bangalore India