
Thredbo's Tomarlin Views: Breathtaking 1-Bedroom Escape!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the snowy wonderland of Thredbo and the oh-so-tempting Tomarlin Views: Breathtaking 1-Bedroom Escape! Let's be honest, I spend half my life scrolling through hotel reviews, judging them, and secretly imagining myself basking in their reported glories. So, here we go, my unfiltered, rambling, probably-slightly-obsessive take…
First Impressions: The Accessibility Tango (and a Few Frustrations)
Alright, let's get the practical stuff out of the way first, because, you know, adulting. Accessibility is crucial for a good experience, especially when dealing with a ski resort. The description mentions "facilities for disabled guests," which is promising, but let's be real, hotels say that a lot. I need details. Are there ramps? Elevators (essential in snowy conditions!)? Wide doorways? I need a full breakdown before I trust the promise of "accessible." Same goes for the " Wheelchair accessible" thing. Specifics, people! The website needs a dedicated accessibility section listing everything, right down to the height of the light switches. And the elevator…is it big enough, reliable, and heated?! (Because frozen elevators on a ski trip are a special kind of hell.)
Okay, I'm already getting worked up. Deep breaths…
Connectivity Chaos (or the Quest for Wi-Fi Nirvana)
Now, the internet, the bane of my existence and the lifeblood of my work (yes, I'm a blogger…judge me later). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's the headline. Solid. I'm pleased. Internet [LAN] is listed too, which is…quaint. Who uses LAN cables anymore? But hey, more options are good! Okay, so the internet is covered, but… how good is it? Fast enough to stream movies without buffering? Strong enough to hold a Zoom call? (Essential, obviously. Gotta show off those perfect ski slopes in the background.) Good internet is non-negotiable in 2024. Let's hope the Wi-Fi in public areas is equally up to snuff.
Relaxation Reconnaissance: Sauna, Steamrooms, and Spa! Oh My!
Okay, let's ditch the practicalities and get to the good fluff. The spa/sauna situation is a must. I am a sucker for a good sauna after a day of carving up the slopes. The list includes Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Are they actually good? What's the vibe? Is it all sleek and modern, or more rustic and cozy? I want an experience. Not just a list of amenities. My ideal day involves a solid workout (because the Fitness center/gym looks promising), followed by a serious spa session. Oh, the pool with a view… swoon. Visualize: steam rising, snow falling outside, and me, blissfully warm inside. Honestly, that's half the reason I go to places like this.
Food, Glorious Food: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking Adventures
This is where hotels can really win me over. And lose me. Restaurants, plural! The menu mentions Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine, Western Cuisine, Buffet in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant. Okay, now we're talking. But are the portions generous? Are the ingredients fresh? Is the ambiance cozy or pretentious? I need to know.
And the bar! Crucial. A good après-ski bar is central to the whole experience, but Happy hour is essential. What kind of drinks? Craft beers? Local wines? Cocktails with little umbrellas? Details, people! The Poolside bar also has my attention. Picture this: I'm in the pool, looking at the mountains, sipping a cocktail. Pure. Bliss.
Beyond the Basics: Services and Conveniences – The Supporting Cast
Now, let's explore the behind-the-scenes. Air conditioning in public area is a good. Cash withdrawal (because, you know, sometimes you need actual cash). Concierge is a godsend for navigating a new town. I need someone who knows the hidden gems, the cool bars, the best slopes, and where to get the best hot chocolate. Daily housekeeping? Yes, please. Dry cleaning. Laundry service. Essential. The Elevator is listed again, and for emphasis, YES, I need the elevator. Facilities for disabled guests. I need to know more about this, as stated above. Luggage storage. Room service [24-hour]. And the terrace? Is it heated? Is it romantic? Is it somewhere I can have a glass of wine and contemplate the meaning of life (or just how to make the perfect run down the mountain)?
For the Kids! (And the Adults Who Act Like Them)
Okay. I'm not a parent, but I appreciate good Babysitting service because, hey, sometimes you need a break. Family/child friendly is a win. Kids facilities are good. If I had kids, I would be happy on this.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Essentials
This is huge in the current climate. The list mentions Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Okay, this is reassuring. It’s about safety and comfort.
The Rooms: My Ideal Alpine Fortress
Alright, let's get into the details. Air conditioning is a must. And **Additional toilet **is also good. Alarm clock, because I’m still old school. Bathrobes? Yes! Bathtub? Absolutely. Blackout curtains are an absolute *must* for getting some serious shut-eye after a long day of skiing. Closet, of course. Coffee/tea maker is important for me and my morning caffeine. Complimentary tea is a nice touch, especially if there's a decent selection. Extra long bed, because the struggle is real for tall people. Free bottled water. Hair dryer, essential after swimming, the High floor sounds awesome. In-room safe box, standard. Internet access – wireless. Ironing facilities? I can’t even iron a shirt. Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar. Mirror, yeah I need to see what I look like. Non-smoking, important. Private bathroom. Reading light. Refrigerator, great. Satellite/cable channels? Yawn. Seating area? I hope so. Separate shower/bathtub, is there a rain shower head? Tell me more. Slippers. Smoke detector and Soundproofing are essential. Telephone. Toiletries, the good stuff, please, not that cheap stuff. Umbrella, you'll need one, and a Wake-up service is important. Window that opens. Room Decorations: I want comfort and style. Rustic and luxurious are the key.
Getting Around: The Logistics
Airport transfer? Brilliant. Car park [free of charge], yes please. Taxi service is good. Valet parking is nice.
The Impefections
Okay, so it's not perfect. It never is. I suspect there are going to be some hidden costs. Like, I bet "free parking" doesn't apply to the valet service. And "Wi-Fi in all rooms?" My experience teaches me that "Wi-Fi" means a connection that fades in and out like a distant memory, and "all rooms" will somehow exclude my room. There will be some imperfections, but that’s life, right?
The Big Sell: My Pitch!
Alright, here's my pitch to the world, the offer to get you to book Thredbo's Tomarlin Views!
"Escape the Ordinary. Embrace the Extraordinary. (And maybe do a little skiing.)
Picture this: Crisp alpine air, the thrill of fresh powder, and the promise of ultimate relaxation. Tomarlin Views: Breathtaking 1-Bedroom Escape! isn't just a place to sleep; it's your personal sanctuary in the heart of Thredbo.
Why Tomarlin Views is Your Perfect Getaway
- Pure Relaxation: Imagine sinking into a hot tub with panoramic mountain views after a day on the slopes. Yes, it's real!
- Unforgettable Dining: You're not just eating; you're experiencing world-class cuisine, from hearty breakfasts to delicious Asian meals or vegetarian options.
- Connectivity Without the Chaos: Stream your favorite shows, video call your friends (bo

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, and hopefully not-too-disastrous adventure that is my trip to Tomarlin Views 1, Thredbo Village, Australia. This isn't going to be some perfectly polished travel brochure. This is real life, people. And I’m bringing you along for the ride.
Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Agony (or: Why Did I Think Hiking Was a Good Idea?)
Morning (7:00 AM – 9:00 AM): The Great Migration (and the Dreaded Early Flight). Ugh. Woke up before the birds (which, frankly, is a crime against nature) and dragged myself to the airport. Airport coffee? Let's just say it tasted like sadness and disappointment. Checked in my bags, which, fingers crossed, actually made it to Australia with me. (Airport baggage handlers, you are the unsung heroes and the bane of my existence. Let's hope for a good relationship).
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM): Flying over the Snowy Mountains (and My Stomach). The flight was… fine. Actually, it was pretty spectacular as we flew over the Snowy Mountains. But, you know, I am a terrible flier. Every tiny bump and lurch sent me into a mild panic spiral. I'm pretty sure I aged a decade during the landing.
Afternoon (12:00 PM – 3:00 PM): Thredbo Village, Finally! (and the Altitude Headache Begins). Arrived triumphant! The air is crisp, the views are stunning, and I'm already regretting that third cup of coffee I had at the airport. Altitude is a beast, my friends. I felt like I was underwater, and my head was trying to escape my skull. We hit up Tomarlin Views 1, and it was even better than the pictures promised! The view from the balcony alone is worth the price of admission.
Late Afternoon (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM): Attempted Hiking (and Epic Failure). Okay, so I decided to be all outdoorsy. We planned a "gentle" hike. Famous last words. After a few steps I thought I had a heart attack. I started gasping for air like a fish out of water. Ended up sitting on a rock for a solid hour, contemplating the meaning of life and whether or not I should just turn around and go back to the cozy apartment.
Evening (6:00 PM Onward): Pizza, Wine, and Praying for Tomorrow. Pizza! Necessary sustenance after the hiking debacle. And wine, because, well, why not? The headache is still hanging around, but the wine is definitely helping. Currently curled up on the couch, contemplating my life choices, and praying I don't have to be carried down the mountain tomorrow.
Day 2: The Beauty of Thredbo, and the Importance of Good Coffee
Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake Up! Coffee! Finally, I woke up feeling mostly human! The altitude had subsided, and the sun was shining. I made my way to a cozy cafe in town, desperate for caffeine and maybe a pastry before facing the day so I could feel like a person.
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Exploring Thredbo Village. After my coffee fix, I finally got a chance to fully explore Thredbo! The atmosphere is stunning, with the mountains looming above everything. I decided to spend some time wandering through the town with all the cute shops. I picked up a cute souvenir, took pictures, and felt like I could finally relax from all the stress from yesterday.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): The Chairlift (and My Ongoing Fear of Heights). Okay, time for the chairlift. I, who spent most of the day before shaking in fear of heights, must bravely head up the mountain. The views were incredible, don't get me wrong, and felt like reaching the clouds, but my palms were sweating the entire time. But! I made it. I took a few deep breaths and tried to appreciate the scenery, and I did!
Late Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Apres-ski-ish? After a day of adventures, the time came for some apres-ski. I went to a restaurant and tried something new from the menu.
Evening (6:00 PM Onward): The Joys of Cooking (or, the Fire Alarm Incident). We decided to stay in and cook dinner! It started out beautifully. Until I managed to set off the fire alarm. Apparently, I have a talent for burning things. The apartment smelled vaguely of smoke, but hey, we survived! And the food, once we rescued it from the brink of disaster, was actually amazing.
Day 3: Snowy River Rambles and Goodbye (for now)
Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Pancakes and Planning. Pancakes to fuel an adventurous day. We looked out at the view on the balconies and planned the day.
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Snowy River Hike and Amazing Views. On the final day, we did a "gentle hike" to the Snowy River. The views were incredible. The river was beautiful. I didn't spend 30 minutes gasping on a rock (this time), which was a win!
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Souvenir Shopping and Lunch. After the hike, some quick souvenir shopping, then we went to a nice restaurant. It was a nice chance to recharge.
Late Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Farewell Drinks and Packing. We went to the pub for a farewell drink and spent some time packing and reflecting on the amazing experience.
Evening (6:00 PM Onward): Final Thoughts and Goodbye. This trip… it was something. The views, the snow, the people, the fire alarm incident… it was all a beautiful mess. Thredbo, you’ve stolen a piece of my heart. I can't wait to come back!

Tomarlin Views: My (Potentially Biased) Take on That 1-Bedroom Place
Okay, so, is the "Breathtaking" in the title, like, *actually* true?
What's the deal with the one bedroom? Is it cramped?
How's the kitchen? Because, you know, *food*.
Is it close to the slopes? That's kind of, you know, *essential*.
What about parking? Is it a nightmare like everywhere else in Thredbo?
Anything you *didn't* like? Be honest!
Okay, final verdict? Would you go back?

